Terms and Conditions
- Places can only be reserved via our booking form or email and by making a 50% deposit. All balances must be paid prior to the commencement of the activity.
- All bookings will be confirmed by email. Deposit to be paid via PayPal.
2. Amendments by the customer.
Substitution of the original customer for another can be made, provided the substituting customer is of the relevant experience level required for the booked activity.
3. Cancellation by the Customer.
All cancellations must be acknowledged by Sea Kayaking Lanzarote.
- Groups of less than 4 people. Once you have booked a guided trip, rental or course, Sea Kayaking Lanzarote will reserve places/equipment for you. For this reason, if the whole group cancels 7 days before the activity or less and if we are unable to fill your spaces with other customers, we will retain the 50% deposit in order to offset our loss of business. If you have paid the whole balance for the activity, we will refund you 50%. If you cancel more than 7 days in advance, you will receive a full refund of monies paid.
- Groups of 4 people or more. Once you have booked a guided trip, rental or course, Sea Kayaking Lanzarote will reserve places/equipment for you. For this reason, if the whole group cancels 30 days before the activity or less, all monies paid shall be retained by us in order to offset our loss of business, unless we are able to fill at least 4 spaces in your place. If we can fill the 4 spaces, we’ll refund your money. This only applies to groups of people who have organised to come together, not to those who are paddling with others in a group that we have placed them in. If you cancel more than 30 days in advance, you will receive a full refund of monies paid.
4. Amendments and Cancellation by Sea Kayaking Lanzarote.
- Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that the course/trip takes place as advertised, Sea Kayaking Lanzarote will notify the customer of a cancellation as soon as is practical, where on reasonable grounds it believes that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the course/trip or activity. If Sea Kayaking Lanzarote cancels the trip due to unsuitable weather/sea conditions and cannot provide the trip on an alternative day that is acceptable to the customer, the customer will receive a 100% refund.
- Customers accept they should have the fitness and competence commensurate with their chosen course/trip or activity. Please be realistic when assessing your kayaking ability, we have given guidelines in our online booking form. If in the opinion of Sea Kayaking Lanzarote your fitness or competence level may compromise the safety of the trip we reserve the right to cancel or terminate your course/trip or activity. In this case, you will receive a 100% refund. If in doubt please discuss your health and competency prior to booking. If you are affected by a medical condition which may affect you or other people’s safety or enjoyment of the course/trip, you must advise this at the time of booking.
- We endeavour to select the best locations for the activity. In the event of unusual and unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which are unavoidable e.g. strike, riot, natural disaster, act of war or terrorism and Sea Kayaking Lanzarote is forced to cancel or curtail a course or trip we will endeavour to provide a suitable alternative, or postpone until another day. If this is not possible, the customer will receive a 100% refund.
- In the event of cancellation by Sea Kayaking Lanzarote for administrative reasons customers will be offered a 100% refund of all fees and deposit or another booking on a different date or course/trip.
- If you leave the course/trip or activity or undertake independent activity during the trip, Sea Kayaking Lanzarote is not responsible for your actions or safety.
- The final choice of venue and decision to operate is based on the experience of our staff.
- Sea Kayaking Lanzarote is covered to the sum of 600,000 EUR for public liability.
- You should be covered by adequate insurance for the duration of the itinerary and for the activities undertaken. The insurance should include cover for medical and emergency expenses (including repatriation), personal accident, injury and death. In the event of emergency medical expenses the responsibility of such costs will be borne by the customer.
6. Your safety.
- Any participant under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be able to take part in activities. We reserve the right to exclude any participant for safety reasons at any time; no refund will be given if this is due to the customer being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Participants must follow the instructions of the guide at all times. We reserve the right to exclude any participant who does not follow the instructions of the guide; no refund will be given in this instance.
- All specialist equipment required for the activity will be supplied by us. Personal protective equipment supplied must be worn when requested by the instructor.
7. Under 18s.
Sea Kayaking Lanzarote does not work with unaccompanied children under 18 years of age. Accompanied children over 16 may participate if they have previous experience.
8. Data Protection.
We will not sell or give out your personal details or e-mail address to any other party without your permission. We may contact you to keep you informed of other courses and events.
9. Personal belongings.
Sea Kayaking Lanzarote cannot be held responsible for personal belongings and equipment. If you take valuables on our activities e.g. jewellery, watches, glasses, non-waterproof cameras etc you do so at your own risk.
Any information provided by Sea Kayaking Lanzarote on such matters as climate, clothing, equipment etc is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Sea Kayaking Lanzarote.
11. Acceptance of risk.
There will always be some risk in taking part in adventure activities. Whilst we will endeavour to minimise risk and incident, all kayaking activities are undertaken at your own risk.
12. Complaints and feedback.
Sea Kayaking Lanzarote strives to enable its customers to get as much enjoyment from sea kayaking as we get ourselves. We welcome feedback, and seek your comments and suggestions verbally or in writing, via email or Facebook. We are always interested to see any photographs you may take and will make any photographs or video we take available to you to download.
Site design, text, graphics, files and all other content are © Sea Kayaking Lanzarote, all rights reserved. Any other use of materials on this site, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication, without prior written permission from Sea Kayaking Lanzarote is strictly prohibited.
The information, services, products and materials available on this website, including, without limitation, text, graphics and links, are provided on an ‘as is’ basis without warranty. This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third party vendors and other third parties. You acknowledge that Sea Kayaking Lanzarote is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any external site. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those external sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such external sites.
15. Limited liability.
Under no circumstances shall Sea Kayaking Lanzarote be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use, or performance of the information, services, products and materials available on this site.